When you dream of becoming a father, infertility is something you should be aware of. Male infertility is more common than you might think. It is influenced by several factors, which include age, lifestyle, and medical conditions.
Here are some male infertility treatment options to help you overcome your fertility problems.
Surgical techniques for male infertility treatment
1. Varicocele Treatment – Varicocele is a condition wherein the pampiniform plexus veins present in the scrotum swell up. Pampiniform plexus regulates the testicular temperature and cools down the blood flowing from the arteries into the testicles. Enlargement of these veins can overheat the testicles, leading to low sperm production, poor quality, and motility of sperms. A simple surgical procedure can resolve varicocele.
2. Vasectomy Reversal – Vas deferens is a tube which carries sperms from the epididymis to the ejaculatory ducts containing semen. Vasectomy is a form of male contraception in which the vas deferens is cut and tied, preventing the transport of sperm to the semen. Vasectomy can be reversed by two surgical procedures:
- Vasovasostomy– In this process, the separated ends of the vas deferens are surgically reconnected through an opening, enabling the transport of sperm.
- Vasoepididymostomy– This complex microsurgical male infertility treatment clears blockages in epididymis. It joins the severed upper portion of vas deferens to the epididymis.
3. Transurethral Resection of Ejaculatory duct (TURED) – Ejaculatory ducts carry the sperms to the urethra, adding secretions to it from the seminal vesicle. A blockage in ejaculatory duct leads to obstruction in mixing of sperm with semen and problems in ejaculation. It can be cured by TURED, which removes the obstruction to let the sperm combine with the semen. It is one of the most effective male infertility treatments in cases of azoospermia, a condition where the semen contains zero or very meagre amount of sperms.
The best infertility doctors in Hyderabad can help you understand the process and tell you about the complications, if any.
Non-Surgical Techniques for Male Infertility Treatment
- Medication– Intake of prescribed medicines can help with sperm related issues. Hormonal therapy can stimulate the production of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone (FSH) and Luteinizing Hormone (LH) which boosts the sperm production. Medication can also fix hormonal imbalances, erectile dysfunction, retrograde ejaculation and infection in the reproductive and urinary tracts. Anejaculation, the condition where the body cannot ejaculate semen, is best treated with medication.
- Rectal Probe Electroejaculation – This is an effective option for men with spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis and diabetes who face abnormal or no ejaculation. A rectal probe connected to a source of power is inserted inside the rectum. The voltage is adjusted until ejaculation happens and the semen sample is obtained. The semen is further used to assist reproductive technology.
- Sperm Retrieval – In cases of ejaculatory abnormalities like azoospermia, anejaculation, and retrograde ejaculation, sperms are extracted directly from other parts of the reproductive system, such as epididymis and testes.
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) – ART includes all procedures for treating fertility issues. Most common ART processes are:
- In-Vitro Fertilisation (IVF) – The egg and sperms are obtained from the couple and fertilised in the lab under the doctor’s supervision. Post fertilisation, they transfer the growing embryo to the uterus of the woman for pregnancy.
- Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) – Doctors choose the healthiest sample of sperms and place it in the uterus when the women are ovulating to ensure successful fertilisation.
- Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) – doctors choose a single healthy sperm and inject it into an egg for fertilization. Subsequently, the embryo gets implanted in the uterus.
With a plethora of male infertility treatments available in Hyderabad and across India, you can realise your dream of becoming a father with ease. The best infertility doctors in Hyderabad will offer you advanced facilities with updated techniques to fulfil your desire.