Do you wish to check for breast lumps but don’t know what to make of what you find? SBI Life Insurance’s ThanksADot initiative will resolve your doubts.
It is a disease that has already claimed the lives of thousands of women in India over the years. Breast cancer is on the rise year upon year. An unfortunate fact of the disease is that it is not always fatal, but late detection and treatment makes it so.
Most women are unsure about what breast cancer actually is – they are dimly aware that the most common breast cancer symptom is a lump in the breast. You can now check for breast lumps and get more information on the disease by means of a breast cancer kit, ThanksADot.
What is ThanksADot?
SBI Life Insurance has conceptualised the revolutionary breast self-examination kit, ThanksADot, which empowers women to correctly check for cancer lumps in the breast. ThanksADot is a breast cancer kit that largely seeks to increase the conversation around breast cancer awareness, breast self-examination, breast cancer symptoms and breast cancer treatment, among others.
- SBI Life has developed the ThanksADot breast self-examination tool using real life breast cancer mammograms.
- These mammograms have been used to recreate the lumps found in the breast with the help of 3D printing and algorithmic imaging.
- The various types of lump shapes are displayed on a card that uses Braille for better tactile understanding of breast lumps. As a user, you can use the special language card to understand more about the lump(s) in your breast.
- SBI Life sends the free ThanksADot breast cancer kit to your residence once you fill out your details on the company website. Enter your personal details as directed to avail of the kit.
What are the next steps?
Regular breast self-examination is a must for all women, especially when they cross the age of 30 years.
- Statistics for India find that the incidence of breast cancer rises once women cross the age of 30 – hormonal changes, differences in menstrual cycles, pollution, stress and erratic lifestyles may contribute to the problem, though these are not the sole causes.
- Women with a genetic history of the disease are at higher risk of showing breast cancer symptoms.
- Immediate treatment is of the essence – it may well be the link between a good quality of life and an increased risk of fatality. Your doctor can diagnose the stage of the cancer and start the treatment accordingly.
- Another factor to take into consideration is the high cost of treating the disease. Breast cancer treatment may vary in duration from one woman to another, but the costs of testing, medication, surgery and post-operative therapy are immense.
- As a general rule of thumb, every woman must take a good cancer insurance policy that protects her finances from the impact of cancer treatment.